“To lead as many children as possible to passionately follow Jesus.”
When we summarize how Scripture describes a disciple of Jesus, we could say that a disciple is: one who is learning from Jesus to know the Father’s voice, follow in obedience, and teach others to do the same by the power of the Spirit. This happens through our Core Practices of Word, Pray, Meet, Serve and Tell.
The Core Practice of Serve is using the passions and gifts given to you by the Holy Spirit to honour God and express His Kingdom in tangibles ways. The following is a list of areas Southview Kids has for opportunities to serve.
Please contact Jesus, Pastor of Children’s Ministries to start today!
- Check-In: These individuals are stationed at our children’s check in area. They will greet and assist parents as they check in their children into children ministries programs.
- Nursery: Care for our youngest children 0-2 years old by providing a safe playtime environment. No diaper changing required!
- Preschool Teacher: Connect with preschool & kindergarten children and teach them about Jesus’ love through story, games & crafts.
- Grade School Small Group Teacher: Connect relationally with an assigned group of students to engage in Bible-based activities and celebrate spiritual growth.
- Club 5/6 Teacher: Connect with pre-teens to help them develop and own their faith and equip them for junior high through interactive Bible exploration.
- Assistant: Help the teacher in preschool, grade school or Club 56 to connect with children and provide support with crafts, activities or snacks.
- Grade School Large Group Teachers: Communicate the Bible story in a creative and unforgettable way to grade 1-4 before they break off into small groups.
- Grade School Worship: Engage children in songs and actions with energy and enthusiasm to worship God for who he is and what he has done.
CURRENT OPENINGS AND URGENT NEEDS ARE:
Preschool 1&2 – Teacher & assistant
Grade 1 – Teacher
Grade 3 – Teacher
Preschool 4 – Assistant
Kindergarten – Assistant
Grade 2 – Teacher
Kindergarten – Teacher
Grade 1 – Teacher
Club 56 – Assistant