Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to Save Your Marriage Before It Starts (SYMBIS), a premarital mentoring ministry of Southview. Great marriages don’t just happen. An important part of having a great marriage is preparation. SYMBIS is designed to help prepare engaged couples for strong, lasting marriages based on biblical principles.
SYMBIS pairs an engaged couple with a trained volunteer mentor couple for 8 mentoring sessions over 2 or 3 months with a book, workbook and assessment. This structured curriculum provides excellent preparation in areas key to a successful marriage: communication, conflict resolution, finances, intimacy, and family.
Prerequisites for participation in Save Your Marriage Before It Starts (SYMBIS)
- You are currently engaged, with a wedding date more than six months from the date of registration.
- One or both of you are regular attendees of Southview Alliance Church.
It is critical to begin the premarital process at least 6 months before your wedding date. This ensures that if areas are discovered during the mentoring sessions that you or your fiancé need further work on, there will be plenty of time to do so apart from the last-minute rush of wedding preparations.
If you do not meet these prerequisites, we recommend premarital counseling with one of the professional Christian counselors in our referral network. Contact us for a referral. Or you can check out First Alliance Church Premarriage for their dates and times.
If you meet the prerequisites, the next steps are as follows:
- The cost of SYMBIS is $150 per couple, which includes all materials and assessment tools.
- Click here to fill out our Online Premarriage Form. (Note: Download the form to fill out then submit using the button on the form. This form works best in non iOS formats – if you are using an apple product you may have to print, fill out and email to email@example.com.)
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Premarital Ministry staff with additional details and instructions.
- You will be matched with a mentor couple.
If have additional questions about Save Your Marriage Before It Starts, please contact Pastor Sam Seifert.
If you have questions about booking our facility please contact our facility booking.
Save Your Marriage Before It Starts (SYMBIS) Volunteer
The mission of the SYMBIS ministry is to lead people to passionately follow Jesus by building strong marriages based on biblical principles. Because the role of the SYMBIS mentors is full of opportunities for influence in the couples’ lives, we are intentional about selecting spiritually mature, emotionally and relational healthy couples. Please contact Pastor Sam Seifert for more information about serving.